Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Functional Fitness Day

I am not sure what exactly functional fitness is aside from obviously the definitions of those two words stuck together. The  Crossfit folks like to say whatever random stuff they do is good but I am not sure that is so. I do like circuit type stuff with moderate resistance for that sort of cardio/ muscular endurance fusion that I would label functional fitness. It is worth noting to me this not instead of a real running program and is a small part of an overall strength program.

First circuit:
3 Curtis P's
3 Pullups
3 Burpies
 10 minute AMRAP (I did 8 rounds)

Second circuit:
4 Curtis P's
4 jumping squats
4 Broad Jumps
Bridge 30 f, 30l, 30r

3 rounds

Third circuit
5 duffel bag cleans
5 half moons
5 knees to bar

The whole thing took about 45 minutes including some time standing around sucking.  Resistance exercises are done with a duffel bag weighing approximately 40-50 pounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment