Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bench Day

Run .75 mile to the gym with intermittent sprints.


Note I am using Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 as my strength program. Here is a good write up of the program. It is no BS, simple and quick which I appreciate. Also training optimally instead of maximally means a lot fewer injuries. Other folks like different programs and that is cool.

Right now I am lifting about 3x a week doing a big lift (press, deadlift, bench press, squat) and some body weight stuff each session.

Warmup: 45x5, rep, 85x5, 105x5
Working sets: 140x3, 160x3, 180x3+(6 though I probably could have gotten another)

Body Weight work
Pullups and Dips 10, 9, 8

Easy .75 mile run back.

Think I like running to the gym. It is an easy way to get some additional road time in. Also wimping out on the run once you drive to the gym is easy. If you run there the choices are either to run back or walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment